|Bigelow Covered Bridge
|Copyright © 2008
|This bridge, also called the Axe-Handle Bridge, is located over the Little Darby Creek on Axe-Handle Road. It is also
locally referred to as the LIttle Darby Bridge. This bridge was built in 1873 by Reuben L. Partridge. It was renovated in
1990. This bridge was named to honor the Bigelow Family, a pioneer family to this area in the early 1800s. An addition
to the original bridge design is a Burr Arch.